Diigo vs Pinterest: Pin On

I just heard of Diigo for the first time, but I have been using Pinterest for a few years now, mostly for hobbies and lately for teaching help. I found one better than the other and I think most will agree with me after comparing some features. Both sites are meant to be an organizational tool for websites. Diigo uses tags to organize websites, while Pinterest uses boards. The up side of tags is that it can be categorized multiple ways vs boards are separated once (unless you post it twice). The sites that are saved on Diigo are just text, Pinterest sites are saved through an image (pins), which can go either way for different people. The text on the saved sites are just like a regular website; text can be highlighted, copied, and pasted.
Both of these websites are based on accounts. Using these accounts you can follow others and they can follow you, although I found Diigo confusing to follow. Diigo also has groups, which allows multiple people to share sites together, similar to a shared board on Pinterest. One of Pinterest's up sides is that you can comment on others pins, as well as post your own pictures or text about the website. Another way to share websites and pins on both sites is through a private inbox.
One of the biggest advantages of Pinterest, which makes Pinterest better in my eyes, is the suggestions. You can search on Pinterest specifically versus searching the entire internet. Based on your searches, Pinterest will suggest other pins you may be interested in. I find that many of my finds are through these suggestions. Lastly, a great reason for choosing Pinterest for school is that it is all monitored for appropriateness, unlike Diigo, which is searched through the internet.
I think by now you have realized that I like Pinterest over Diigo, but I see the benefits of both. I probably will continue with Pinterest and, who knows, maybe I'll find the perfect reason to use Diigo in the future.

Comments

  1. I am a Pinterest fan myself! I found myself nodding in agreement with everything you wrote about. Diigo was confusing to me. I also thought Pinterest to be more aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there anything you found about Diigo that you might use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the tagging tool in Diigo so I believe I will continue to use it for that purpose. I wish I could do the same with all of my pins on Pinterest because it's a great organizational tool.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging for All!

A learner is like a Tree

Blurred Lines (Between Education and Play)