ePals: Connect Across the World


ePals seems like a very cool idea for learners to connect with other learners all over the world! Users sign in and create a profile that describes the students they are teaching and the subjects the teacher would like to learn with another class. Teachers connect with other teachers anywhere in the world to collaborate and co-teach a subject. The students can video chat with other students and learn through collaborative projects. Projects are uploaded so other teachers can use the ideas for their own classrooms.

I am really interested in the student connection part of ePals. As a music teacher I would love to try a collaborative song. Similar to Eric Whitacre's virtual choir or Luke Byan and Jason Derulo duet on Sing!, I would love to get students connecting through song. The teachers could teach different parts to the whole group and work on finessing the song with their individual choir. Then we could record the students singing together.


Comments

  1. It's so great that you already have some ideas of how you could use this site. I usually only think of it in terms of L2 but there are so many other offerings that can enrich classrooms of all content areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this could also be an L2 experience! We are constantly learning songs in other languages so we could have students teach one another the translation and pronunciation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging for All!

A learner is like a Tree

Blurred Lines (Between Education and Play)