Tweet Tweet

I have never used Twitter so it was a bit scary using it for a graded assignment. Because I have had no experience with Twitter, I decided to sign up quickly and learn a bit about it before the Twitter chat. I logged onto the Twitter chat on both my phone and my computer so I could see what it looked like from each location. I found that it was easier to keep up using the computer because I could type faster.
The Twitter chat was stressful at first but very informative! I think it’s one of those thing that you take what you want and leave what you don’t. It’s impossible to keep up with each person’s response while also typing your own thoughts. After participating in a few rounds of questions I found it easier to just read and keep up that way. It’s nice to be a part of the discussion but I think I was overwhelmed for my first time chatting.
Twitter chat could be a great on your own Professional Development. Chatting with other experts around the world expands your thinking and resources. I like that the Twitter chat was only an hour so you can dive in and really focus on it and not waste your entire night. Apart from the Twitter chat, having the hashtag allows people to post questions and ideas about technology in education. There was plenty of activity outside of the Twitter chat throughout the week. It's almost like a forum that people are dedicated to helping others with educational technology.

Comments

  1. Probably a smart idea to use your computer! I think you're right about being able to keep track better. It can be overwhelming but sticking with it is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging for All!

A learner is like a Tree

Blurred Lines (Between Education and Play)